With hunting season in full swing and many people heading to the range in the next couple months we wanted to remind everyone of the 12 Golden Rules of Gun Safety.
The 12 Golden rules for Safe Gun Handling
1. Treat every gun as if it were loaded.
2. Always keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
3. Always keep your finger straight and off the trigger until you are ready to shoot.
4. Always keep the gun unloaded until you are ready to use it.
5. Never point the gun at anything you don’t intend to destroy.
6. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.
7. Learn the mechanical and handling characteristics of the gun you are using.
8. Always use proper Ammunition.
9. Be sure the barrel is clear of obstructions before loading and shooting.
10. If your gun fails to fire when the trigger is pulled, hold your shooting position for several seconds; then with the muzzle pointed in a safe direction, carefully unload the gun.
11. Don’t rely on the gun’s safety to keep it from firing.
12. Be aware of your surroundings when handling guns so you don’t trip or lose your balance and accidentally point and/or fire the gun at anyone or anything.
Magtech Ammunition supports safe gun handling. Remember to keep gun safety at the forefront of your mind as you’re out at the range and while hunting. See more Safety Tips and Resources on our website.